Driving one day coming home from work I couldn’t help but think about how long I had not eaten my garlic shrimp. Well apparently my husband was on the same page with me that evening as he told me he wanted shrimp too! So we drove down to the seafood store and I remained in the car! He comes back with a bag full of seafood that I didn’t anticipate and pulls out this bag full of jumbo shrimp! My eyes lit up one time and I became so excited because usually I’d pass that straight! Although I was tired, I couldn’t help but brainstorm all these recipes I have in my head! I thought garlic shrimp but with an elegant yummy twist when I opened the fridge and saw the Parmesan cheese!
This is one of my easiest and quickest recipes to make with or without the cheese! You will definitely woo your family or friends or just maybe yourself when you taste these few simple ingredients turned into such a lovely and mouth-watering meal! This can be served with pasta, a crusty baguette bread to soak up the buttery goodness, as an appetizer or as a side to compliment your meal. You will be coming back for seconds for sure! See mini video here.
- 1lb jumbo shrimp (with or without shell)
- 3 tbsps vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 2 tbsps margarine
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsps freshly chopped chives
- Rinse the shrimp in vinegar and then rinse out with water to get the freshness out.
- In a cold saucepan, add the margarine and garlic and turn on the stove to medium heat.
- As the margarine melts, stir the garlic to get evenly coated for about one minute.
- Add the washed shrimp to the pot.
- Sprinkle the black pepper and salt evenly and let cook for about two and a half minutes.
- Stir the shrimp and make sure they are all turned to the other side to cook evenly for the same amount of time. At this time, all the water sprung from the shrimp should be drying up leaving inly the margarine and garlic.
- While the shrimp is cooking, mix the cheese and chives in a bowl together for easy sprinkling.
- As the shrimp is finished cooking, turn the stove off and sprinkle the cheese and chives mixture over all the shrimp.
- Serve immediately with a crusty baguette bread or as a side to compliment your meal.
1. Do not burn the garlic when sautéing otherwise this will change the taste of the shrimp entirely.
2. Do not over or under cook the shrimp. The jumbo shrimp is much thicker than the regular sized shrimp and it will take a little longer to cook so be careful.
3. Cook just before serving to avoid shrimp getting rubbery or tough.